16 April 2008

Whole lot of nothing

Well, no updates for a while here. Many reasons for that:

a) Super busy - As many of you can surmise, I mainly blog at work when I'm procrastinating (I know, probably going to be fired); however, my supervisor left for a 3 week vacation to New Zealand and dumped a metric assload of work on my desk that all needed to be done a month ago.

b) Real life getting in the way (non-work) - I've been running around like a miniature daschund that's just stepped in an ant hill full of angry red ants (there's a reason the red ones were the badguys in SimAnt). There are two main things taking up all my time right now: 1) bought a house, so I have to do all sorts of paperwork for mortgage, lawyer, house inspection, and other assorted crap, and 2) going on vacation to Greece for a couple of weeks, so I have to organize all of that. FYI - #2 will result in a further blog haitus until mid May. I also realize it was unwise of me to schedule a vacation for NHL playoff time.

c) Surprisingly little to write about recently.

Apologies for wasting your precious time.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At April 17, 2008 4:41 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on buying a house. Hope it turns out to be a good place for your family for a long time.

 
At April 19, 2008 5:00 p.m., Blogger TheBrummell said...

Apologies for wasting your precious time.

On a related note, does anyone else have trouble loading this blog? My computer basically hangs for about 30 seconds if I click on the link to this blog in my bookmarks menu. A couple of other blogs I read occassionally do something similar, and all are on Blogger. On the other hand, not all blogger blogs do this to my computer.

I'm using Internet Explorer 7.0 (I can hear the angry gnashing of teeth already) on Windows XP. It doesn't seem to matter which network (I have access to 3 or 4) I'm currently plugged (wireless-ed) in to.

Oh, and those other distractions you mentioned mostly sound pretty cool, even the part about your boss being away and dumping work on you. What part(s) of Greece will you be visiting?

 
At April 21, 2008 12:44 p.m., Blogger King Aardvark said...

Hmm, weird about the loading problems. I've never had that myself, though anything is possible with Blogger.

As for Greece, we're going to be in Athens, take a bus tour around the mainland for a few days, hitting up historical sites like Delphi, the Mycenae ruins, etc, before going to Mykonos, Santorini, and Crete. It should be good. Unfortunately, it's also pretty expensive and I'm freaking tired right now and would prefer a vacation full of just sitting on my ass in the sun instead of running around a foreign country trying to get my money's worth. It should still be fun though.

The really sad thing is, my wife has a Greek friend who could have hooked us up with better deals/places to stay with his family/friends in Greece if he had known about our trip earlier. We didn't know he was Greek, though, so we never told him. I only discovered a few weeks ago that his last name was a big long thing ending in "opolous", a discovery that would have saved a lot of money if made 5 months ago.

 
At May 23, 2023 11:57 p.m., Anonymous Dumpling Recipes said...

Hi great reeading your blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home