19 December 2008

It's an Alpha Christmas

Merry Christmas, all! I'll be going away for a week (or more if I'm lazy), but before I go, I'd like to let you know that, while I'm a few weeks behind posting the rest of the Alpha Course, in real life Alpha just wrapped up. We finished with the Christmas celebration dinner. This isn't really part of the course, in actuality, it's a recruiting tool: Alpha participants are strongly encouraged to bring family, friends, colleagues, etc, and try to get them to join Alpha next term. There's a video by Nicky Gumbel that is essentially "highlights" (I use the term loosely) of the first 3 sermons but with an added Christmas twist.

I encourage you to read a post I wrote a year ago when I was first brought to this Alpha Christmas dinner by my wife. It was essentially the same thing this time, except the food was much, much better and my wife again brought the two friends she is trying to convert.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 19, 2008 1:42 a.m., Blogger King Aardvark said...

PS. One of her friends is actually seriously interested now and took a flier. The other friend admitted that she felt bad for going, when she was just going to eat and would end up nodding-off 5 minutes into the video. Good for her.

 
At December 24, 2008 12:13 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness that thing's over, eh?

I'm still mystified by you agreeing to go in the first place. You must be completely besotted by your wife, or else there were incentives other than dinner. ;-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home