17 December 2008

A new 6 random things meme

A few days after Carlo tagged me with the 5 things meme, Eamon Knight tagged me with the 6 random things meme. Wow, no memes for months then suddenly two at once. Sorry for the delay writing this, Eamon, but I’ve been mondo busy recently. Finally getting to it now. You know, I have participated in a couple of “random things” memes before: (1) and (2) for those of you who want to peruse the old answers.

Here are the groud rules, as stolen from Eamon Knight:

1. Link to the person who tagged you. [see above]
2. Post the rules on your blog. [well, you're reading this, aren't you?]
3. Write six random things about yourself. [below]
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. [below - not!]
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. [nope]
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. [more YYIGATI]

Here goes the random crap:

1) I love Greek food: lamb kleftico, moussaka, gyros, tarama salata, saganaki, spanikopita, baklava. The thing is, it’s really, really hard for me to pronounce many of the Greek words with the correct emphasis: MOU-suh-KAH instead of mou-SAH-kuh, BAH-kla-VAH instead of bahk-LAH-vuh, etc. It’s not that I can’t pronounce them correctly; it’s that my brain rebels when I try to pronounce words in a way that my normal Canadian English brain thinks is wacky.

2) When playing hockey I’m more of a shooter than a passer. This is partly because my passing sucks. Also partly because I’m not skilled enough to stickhandle and look around at the same time; since I’m rarely aware enough to spot the open man, I might as well just shoot somewhere in the vicinity of the net. I typically miss the net by at least 3 m during the early stages of the game before I get my bearings.

3) I have never seen a Staedler white eraser that, through normal use, has shrunk to less than 75% of its starting size.

4) As of this evening (December 16, 2008) I have done exactly ZERO Christmas shopping. My wife, for some insane reason, wants me to get her clothes for Christmas, despite the fact that every article of clothing I have ever bought her she has absolutely despised.

5) Of all the late night talk shows, I prefer Craig Ferguson’s. I can’t for the life of me fathom why anyone would inflict Letterman on themselves anymore; he just wastes time for an hour.

6) At one time, my wife and I had a mattress set up in our living room. We’d eat dinner, then flop down on the mattress and watch tv, not getting up until it was time to go to real bed. Man, did I get fat. It was awesome.

I sure as hell ain’t tagging anyone with this. If you want to do it, drop a link in the comments section and consider yourself tagged.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home