A new 5 things meme
Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve been tagged by one of these. Thanks Carlo.
5 things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Invading my brother’s Computer and Business Communications class during my 4th period spare while the teacher was away to play euchre.
2. Being overly-immersed in Baldur’s Gate.
3. Becoming a slower competitive swimmer than I was the year previous.
4. Enjoying all the freedoms and privileges associated with driving a crappy 1984 Nissan Micra with the muffler dragging on the ground.
5. Seriously slacking off during my last year of highschool, thus ensuring that I would not receive a scholarship from any credible university (though the University of Western Ontario still offered me several thousand dollars).
5 things on my to do list today:
1. Organize/put away/throw-out all the crap sitting in my garage from when we moved into our new house back in May (note: this has been on to do list for a very long time).
2. Buy alcohol.
3. Write an environmental assessment report for a bridge project and design a pedestrian bridge (instead, I am writing blog posts).
4. Document my ongoing trials and tribulations regarding the Alpha Course that I’m currently involved in.
5. Antagonize more church elders.
5 snacks I love:
2. Ice cream.
5. Do cows classify as a snack?
5 things I would do if I were a Millionare:
1. Quit my job (after getting my P.Eng licence). Ah, retirement.
2. Get a PhD just so I could walk around calling myself “Doctor.”
3. Buy a Porsche/Jaguar/BMW.
4. Pay speeding tickets for the above.
5. Move the hell out of the Durham region. Seriously, what a boring place.
5 places I have lived:
1. My dad’s run-down, flooded, insect infested old home.
2. A big, grey university residence.
3. My first apartment: a dark, dank, tiny basement crap-hole.
4. My wife’s (then fiancée’s) family’s student rental property that I’m sure is below any standard of housing acceptable in this country.
5. A nice apartment mired by the location: next door to a trailer park and close enough to the train tracks that you could hit a passing freight train with a rock from my back porch.
5 jobs I've had:
1. Busser/server at a really crappy, by hicks-for hicks banquet facility.
2. Instructor for my university’s elementary school enrichment mini courses.
3. Ministry of Transportation engineering student seat warmer (seriously, I was a waste of taxpayer money while I was supposed to be learning bridge engineering).
5. Structural design engineer-in-training. I do bridges now, but for the first 1.5 years I mainly designed sewage treatment plants.
(2) People I'll tag:
1. CL Hanson
2. Heathen Mike