31 October 2008

The Alpha Course is Further Pissing Me Off

Over the past couple of days, I have been told repeatedly that I'm closed to Jesus, that I’m not “looking for him with my heart” and other such drivel. It’s true that whenever one of the people at Alpha comes up with a new argument for me to believe, I attack it. I attack it hard. And my default position is that all this Jesus stuff is bunk. But that should never be confused with me not being open to new information. I’m just not so open-minded that my brains fall out. I treat what they say as I would anything else – all new ideas and arguments must past muster. What they say does not. And because of this, I’m told I’m not open to Jesus. I say, show me an argument that doesn’t suck and I’ll accept it gladly. Until then, you suck and I’ll ignore you.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home