05 April 2007

Happy Easter!

Back in highschool (remember I went to a Catholic highschool), the homerooms had competitions around Easter to decorate their doors, the winners getting a prize of some sort. There were two categories: religious (Jesus) and non (Easter Bunny). We couldn't decide which to enter, so a number of us suggested that we crucify the Easter Bunny. Unfortunately, the teacher said, "We are not going to crucify the Easter Bunny," and that was that.

Of course, we wanted it to be a whole lot bloodier than the happy fella in the picture. Mel Gibson bloody.

(photo credit)

Anyway, have a happy Easter (still pissed-off that my wife gets Monday off and I don't) doing whatever it is you do. I will likely be dragged to church on Sunday (ugh). I'll have a long post documenting my wisdom teeth experience when I get back.

In the meantime, remember that Easter is the only time when it's appropriate to accept chocolate from the backsides of rabbits. All other times of the year it's a bad idea.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At April 05, 2007 7:13 p.m., Blogger Carlo said...

I've just started secularizing this religious holiday by celebrating that wonderful research organism by calling it 'Yeaster'! Most people don't even realize it when you say "Happy Yeaster!"

 
At April 06, 2007 7:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I.ve been working on making the Russian easter eggs for my friends who are "unchurched". I also got my grandkids some plush bunnies. I was kidded by my daughters-in-law that I was an unbeliever, so what the heck? I told them check the cards on them. They knew I could spell so how was it that I wished them "Happy Ester?" I said that the bunnies were made of synthetics, so I regarded them as "Ester Bunnies".

Theyw ere no amused.

 
At April 09, 2007 8:11 a.m., Blogger King Aardvark said...

grooooaaaaaaan.

 
At April 11, 2007 4:32 a.m., Blogger Shalini said...

I've just started secularizing this religious holiday by celebrating that wonderful research organism by calling it 'Yeaster'!

Brilliant!

 
At April 11, 2007 12:33 p.m., Blogger Carlo said...

"Brilliant!"

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home