06 May 2007

Richard Dawkins on The Hour

Richard Dawkins will by on CBC's The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos on Monday to discuss The God Delusion. I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch tomorrow, but it should be cool. I don't watch The Hour that much (just a little if nothing else is on, plus I watched the one where The Hip came on to promote World Container) but George is a much better TV host than Bill O'Reilly.

Speaking of TV, I was just watching video game review show X-Play on the tube this morning (this is what I do when I'm at home alone waiting for hockey). They were reviewing the little-known game Darwinia. Darwinia is based on the premise of a virtual evolving AI world that you need to save, kind of a strategy game. Being that it mentions evolution, the host took a great deal of time bashing Kirk Cameron and has wacky creation science views. Nice to see that loser nerd boys are anti-creationist.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 08, 2007 8:53 a.m., Blogger Carlo said...

One of my friends (who still holds vague religious beliefs) was watching the hour last night while I was talking to him on MSN. He was like, "You know that Dawkins guy?". To which I replied "yup". "Well he thinks that all religion is ignorance!" To which I replied, "Yup. He's right".

Since I've begun reading all these atheism books (God Delusion, Breaking the Spell, End of Faith, etc.), I've come to realize that the majority of people just don't 'get it'.

Actually, I saw an interview with Dawkins on a British show, and a member of the audience pretty much summed everything up with the comment: "Professor Dawkins, your problem is that you're not accepting evidence that not in your definition of evidence." Nice...

 
At May 08, 2007 10:21 a.m., Blogger King Aardvark said...

Unfortunately, I missed it. Too busy watching hockey. Man, the Sharks sucked last night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home