17 April 2007

Massacre in Virginia

By now, everybody has heard of the horrible shootings at Virginia Tech. Not sure why, but this is the second major massacre of students at an engineering building, following the Montreal shootings (to my knowledge). New reports say the shooter, Cho Seung-Hui, was not actually an engineer; he was an English student.

I have no idea why he would target the engineering building. Maybe coincidence? It's horrible enough that he killed 32 innocent people, but that so many of the victims were engineering students and professors brings it a little closer to home for me.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At April 17, 2007 1:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

From what I heard on the news this morning, many of the students were in language classes, specifically, French and German.

 
At April 17, 2007 4:37 p.m., Blogger King Aardvark said...

I noticed that too, but I also saw some (limited, probably only a dozen people) lists of names and disciplines, and from those lists it appeared that it was slightly over half languages and slightly under half engineering. I'd hate to see the final tally of who was killed by program, but I'll probably look anyway.

 
At April 18, 2007 5:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw your comment about being in the bible belt and an atheist. I will be honest in that in the 1.5 years of having this type of emblem on my car, nothing negative has happened. I am a safe driver though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9RnW3lcie0

 
At April 19, 2007 8:30 a.m., Blogger King Aardvark said...

That's good that nothing happened. You probably generated a "What the hell is up with that guy? Tsk, tsk, he's going to hell" reaction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home