28 August 2007

Back from Montreal

Hi all (and by that, I mean all 4 of you).

Just got back from Montreal. I'm freakishly tired right now. We had planned to see the Body Worlds exhibit at the Montreal Science Centre on Saturday but the damned thing was so popular that the only available time was first thing Monday morning. Normally on vacations, I go to bed really late and sleep until 11:30, but for Monday I went to bed late but had to get up at 7:00am. That is really painful in and of itself, but then I still had to drive the 6.5 hours back home, getting here around midnight. It should have been 5 hours but the traffic was oppressive - way too much construction - and did I mention from last year that Quebec can't design highways? They can't. Also, I was terrified whenever I drove under any overpass in the Montreal area. It's easy to see why their bridges have fallen down; they are highly cracked and in rough shape.

Anyway, trip was good though expensive. Ate too much. Did the usual - the Old Port, Notre Dame Basilica (I had an interesting conversation with my wife about the differences between evangelical Christianity and Catholicism, and also noted that when I was in a catholic school, the mandatory masses were held in the crappy-looking school gym, not a gold-plated basilica), Schwartz's Deli, Rue St. Denis, Mount Royal, and the Chinatown, among other things that I can't remember at this time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 11, 2007 11:58 a.m., Blogger Necator said...

But did you attend any of the local metal shows?

Tabernacle!

I jest of course. 'Tis an acquired taste...but you did get ssome of the local curlture in right?

Though I suppose Body Worlds is sort of like a metal show, without the movement and music.

 
At September 11, 2007 1:35 p.m., Blogger King Aardvark said...

Sadly, we were very busy with everything else (the tourist stuff) that we didn't have the time to partake in any of the local music scene. I seriously wanted to - maybe not the metal - but something. Sigh. I guess I'll just have to make a return trip next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home