02 February 2007

I'm back

No broken bones or anything. The west coast was great; other than a little drizzle in Vancouver, the weather was good. I learned to ski in Whistler without getting myself killed in the slightest, and ate way too much seafood. More stories later when I have the time to write them down.

All I can say is, southern Ontario looks really, really, boringly flat in comparison to the west coast. I miss the mountains already.

Oh, and my monster jet lag combined with plane and baggage delays resulted in me being 5.5 hours late for work when I got back on Wednesday.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 05, 2007 12:03 p.m., Blogger TheBrummell said...

southern Ontario looks really, really, boringly flat in comparison to the west coast.

Having just moved to S.O. from Vancouver, I can sympathize completely. I keep telling people around here that this place is as flat as southern Saskatechewan, but they refuse to believe me.

Also, everyone keeps pointing at the Niagra Escarpment as if it represented some sort of significant terrain feature. What's up with that? It's basically a really long speed-bump.

 
At February 06, 2007 2:10 p.m., Blogger King Aardvark said...

thebrummell - Sorry for your loss. ;-)

The Niagara escarpment sure isn't very impressive, compared to giant mountains at least. Big fish, small pond, I suppose.

Just to the north of our flat little suburban wasteland you get into the Canadian Shield, which, while admittedly being still flat by Rocky Mountain standards, at least is interesting.

Re: Saskatchewan - At least we have big lakes. Take that, suckas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home