05 February 2009

Yes, I work with concrete

A friend on my floor hockey team was talking with my wife about their respective crappy job situations. He'd been temporarily laid-off for a week and was really hoping to get into a government job for which he had been turned down once already. My wife is just starting a 3 month contract job, but long term prospects are weak.

I'm not paying attention to the conversation too much, but my friend turns to me and says, "What about your job? Is it concrete?"

"Yes," I say, "I work with concrete. Also structural steel a lot, but mainly concrete."

"Um, what I meant was 'In this current poor economic climate, is your job stable?'"

"Oh. Ummm. Yes, very stable and busy, thank you."

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 07, 2009 10:32 a.m., Blogger Carlo said...

Although the overall situation is rather crappy, that is an amusing anecdote.

 
At February 07, 2009 4:32 p.m., Blogger King Aardvark said...

I felt like an idiot. They were really concerned about employment and I was going off on building materials.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home